Sign in to follow this  
Guest richpress

rotw dvd

Hi. It has been a long time since I last posted on this forum. I was so frustrated not with Fly 2 but with my USB CH products yoke and rudder peddles going to sleep during a flight. I tried everything incl flashing the bios only to stuff up the whole thing. However I installed a new motherboard with a much more up to date bios and I have to report that it is once again a pleasure to fly with Fly2.I have been doing a spot of catchup particularly with the Rotw website. I am intrigued by their DVD version of Fly 2 and wonder whether this is suitable to English speaking guys like myself. If anybody has installed this and might like to give a report I would be grateful.Meantime I will catch up with the rest of the posts in the forum.Regards Richard

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!I have the DVD and do not regret it though it is not quite "load and fly". Also, a few things have happened that did not happen before, and as of YET I have not achieved the same frame rate even in areas of unmodified scenery. But that is mostly due to my own stupidity of not making a copy of my fly.ini to be able to compare. A few issues:The DVD changes showusergraphics= to "0". So unless you have a graphics card that supports directX8 t&l, which I have heard is not recomended anyway, you should change the value to "1" so you can make your selections as to direct X, resolution etc. Personally FLY 2 worked better for me after upgrading my computer to direct X 9C, before then I could not run FLY 2 under direct X 8 but now I can.I experienced a very perplexing problem with my vector map and ILS. I don't know exactly how and why, but it apeared on multiple installs AND both times vanished right when I installed candex.exe which updated the Canadian database. Why this would fix a problem I had all over the world, I do not know. The first time it appeared C4TO was not installed, but the second time it was and the problem affected the vector logic on aproach too. I use the latest DLL version, it's not on the DVD but I LOVE it!Since installing the DVD, I have noticed my key assignments keep reverting to what they were right after the DVD was installed. George Heliflyer's Fly tweaker provides an answer to this, as you know from the rest of the posts probably.The same FLY tweaker can help you adjust your fly.ini for better performance. I was just about to go to the link to install it when I saw your post.The JPEG screenshot provided is NIFTY!!! I set force max size=1, max width 800 height 600 quality 50 and I automatically get screenshots ready for upload to Avsim when I fly a Bush Flying Unlimited mission. The default quality is 100, but 50 gives me a barely noticeable difference in quality with file sizes of about 50 KB for a panel shot and 25 KB for exterior.There are a large number of tools as well as aircraft and scenery included which I am just reading up to be able to play with. Everything included is available for download for free. But three gigs is a big chunk of bandwidth. For that reason alone, not to mention the fact that donations go to further enhance FLY 2, it's fully worth it. I definitely got my money's worth even though I exceeded the minimum donation, and plan to give a few to some friends of mine thru ROTW. Combine the continued efforts of ROTW and F2Fd on behalf of FLY 2, the availability of the DVD, the rerelease of PMDG products for FLY 2 on shareware.com and the fact that FLY 2 itself is now on sale again from Take Two Interactive, the future is looking good for my fave sim.Best Regards, Donny:-wave

Many thanks Donny for your detailed response.The enjoyment I've already had from ROTWs products warrants the donation apart from the DVD.Things are looking really positive for Fly 2 and if anything has increased in intensity since I last visted A the forum.Regards Richard