Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shalomar

New Screenshot Rules/ Donations

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!I just noticed a post on another forum about screenshots. Shots for the purpose of demonstrating a problem, how to resolve a problem or providing "tutorial" info are allowed on any forum. However, shots that demonstrate a particular aircraft, scenery etc should go in the "screenshots" forum. Since even the files on the DVD are all available as freeware, I doubt the "comercial vendors" provisions apply to ROTW though. Perhaps with permission from Chris the Wicki Web might serve as our personal "screen shots website"? The new rules are in the very small print above the list of all forums.Also about the Wicki Web: I am interested in making donations to authors whose files I have enjoyed. F2Fd and ROTW have their paypal info for donations, but what about a page on the Wicki Web for individual author's paypal info? Best Regards, Donny:-wave

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hey Donny,I think the screenshot policies came about after some complaints (from other forums) about the excessive number of image uploads intermixed with normal discussion threads. Anyway, I think that the screenshots forum would still be a better place to upload these rather than the Wiki server. The forum upload rules are still very generous, and I think the shots would get more exposure to other simmers outside of the current Fly! group by being posted there. I am completely in favour of somebody creating a Wiki page for the ATR, with a few "best of" shots to show it off, but I would not be too keen on having the site used as a "repository" for lots of screens. Seems to me that's the job of the screenshots forum, and it serves that purpose pretty well.I encourage people to put links up to their own web sites, regardles of whether they are freeware, shareware, donation-ware, commercial, whatever. And if they have PayPal or e-commerce links from their own sites, that's great. But to avoid any confusion or misinterpretation, I would not want direct links to PayPal or online purchasing services from the Wiki.Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada