Sign in to follow this  

Wrong Aircraft Display

Can anyone please help... I have modified an existing aircraft texture file (bmp) but aircraft always displays as old not new modified even though existing texture no longer exsists? Any thoughts would be greatly apprciated as this is driving me crazy!

is the new bmp in a new folder named with diferant number and is the cfg altered to include this new name and number?What aircraft is it?if you are not sure you can leave the new texture in the aircraft folder and tempory remove all others to see what is displayed ,OR Paste the cfg here in the post and it wil be easy to spot mistakes .make sure new cfg looks like:[fltsim.5] ******* check this(make sure it matches folder with new texture ********************title=Boeing 737-400 RYANAIR ********and thissim=Boeing737-400model=panel=sound=texture=5 *********************** and this (make sure it matches folder with new texture ********************kb_checklists=Boeing737-400_checkkb_reference=Boeing737-400_refatc_id=G-RYANatc_airline=Ryanairatc_flight_number=18ui_manufacturer=Boeingui_type=737-400ui_variation=Ryanair Jaguar Liveryvisual_damage=1description=One should hardly be surprised that the world's most prolific manufacturer of commercial aircraft

Thanks for the response, the bmp are named the same. The really weird thing is the orginal texture file has been overwritten with the modified one yet the aircraft still display's the old one. I'm at work but will send on cfg and some other tidbits when I get home....

See cfg file below, keep in mind fltsim.0 has modified bmps but still display old, do they cache somwhere?----------------------------------------------------------------------FS2002//Falcon 50 CAEA config file: Copyright Y Lavigne - F Banting - R Young//IMPORTANT!!!!!! This file is ESSENTIAL to run the Falcon 50 accurately - please do NOT change parameters within[fltsim.0]title=Falcon50fullsim=Fal50caea2model=panel=sound=texture=kb_checklists=Fal50caea2_CHECKkb_reference=Fal50caea2_REFatc_id=F-CAEAui_manufacturer=Dassaultui_type=Falcon 50ui_variation=fullvisual_damage=0description=Dassault-Aviation/Falcon 50/1976/ full model including virtual interioratc_heavy=0atc_airline=atc_flight_number=[fltsim.1]title=Falcon50lightsim=Fal50caea2model=lightpanel=lightsound=texture=kb_checklists=Fal50caea2_CHECKkb_reference=Fal50caea2_REFatc_id=F-CAEAui_manufacturer=Dassaultui_type=Falcon 50ui_variation=Lightvisual_damage=0description=Dassault-Aviation/Falcon 50/1976/ light model without virtual interior[fltsim.2]title=Falcon50 FedExsim=Fal50caea2model=panel=sound=texture=fedexkb_checklists=Fal50caea2_CHECKkb_reference=Fal50caea2_REFatc_id=FEatc_airline=Fed Exatc_flight_number=939ui_manufacturer=Dassaultui_type=Falcon 50ui_variation=FEvisual_damage=1description=Dassault-Aviation/Falcon 50/1976/ full model including virtual interior[fltsim.3]title=Falcon50 FedEx (light)sim=Fal50caea2model=lightpanel=lightsound=texture=fedexkb_checklists=Fal50caea2_CHECKkb_reference=Fal50caea2_REFatc_id=FEatc_airline=Fed Exatc_flight_number=939ui_manufacturer=Dassaultui_type=Falcon 50ui_variation=FEvisual_damage=1description=Dassault-Aviation/Falcon 50/1976/ light model without virtual interior[fltsim.4]title=Falcon50 NSAsim=Fal50caea2model=panel=sound=texture=nsakb_checklists=Fal50caea2_CHECKkb_reference=Fal50caea2_REFatc_id=NSAatc_airline=atc_flight_number=NSAui_manufacturer=Dassaultui_type=Falcon 50ui_variation=NSAvisual_damage=1description=Dassault-Aviation/Falcon 50/1976/ full model including virtual interior[fltsim.5]title=Falcon50 NSA (light)sim=Fal50caea2model=lightpanel=lightsound=texture=nsakb_checklists=Fal50caea2_CHECKkb_reference=Fal50caea2_REFatc_id=NSAatc_airline=atc_flight_number=NSAui_manufacturer=Dassaultui_type=Falcon 50ui_variation=NSAvisual_damage=1description=Dassault-Aviation/Falcon 50/1976/ light model without virtual interior[General]atc_type=DASSAULTatc_model=Falcon 50editable=1performance=Falcon 50 Corporate JetnDesigned by Yannick Lavigne nGauges by Fred BantingnAerodynamics by Rob Young nCopyright 2001 Y. Lavigne R.Young F. BantingnCommercial use of data and or likeness of airfilenand aircraft strictly prohibited.nnPlease see documentation for performance specifications

I found the problem 'Operator Error", I had not modified the night texture file so as the day got darker the modified texture returned to old. Does anyine know the best way to modify the night Texture files, should I buy FS Studio Pro or is there a better solution. I'm not desiging new aircraft just adding logo to existing.....