Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shalomar

Alaska

Guest Shalomar

I have been doing "missions" for BFU in Alaska and notice a lot of airports for FS9 our beloved FLY doesn't have. Have there been database updates that include Alaska? Also, I heard about an "Alaska Project". What does that involve and is it in progress? I really like the enhanced elevations for SE Alaska and the Aluetians, the taxiway pod and of course Wayne's contributions. Those who have toiled in the area, your efforts are apreciated. If there is no existing update for Alaska, I could take a stab at it, at least runways/seaports if not taxiways. I have a 2005 AOPA US airports directory that might come in handy for that. Just don't want to "reinvent the wheel".I tried downloading TRI's map pack for Alaska, but can't seem to get the Ketchikan area. I heard something about Alaska TAC charts, I'll look for them again.P.S. There are SEVEN airports in Alaska with the I.D. PAP, Is that right?Best Regards, Donny:-wave

Guest Eagle

Donny, are you thinking of adding airports in Alaska that are not in the default FlyII?Are there existing airports that do not have scenery. I did as many as I could with the information that I had. Some could not have been done because they were in the water. If you correct the taxiways and runways in water that would help a lot.

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!Yes, I was talking about adding airports that don't exist. Like Scott's in North Pole and others that seem to be a challenge to fly to. I am studying how to change textures so if they are in the water I can raise them.I have no idea what I did wrong, but never get charts in Alaska. I tried TRI's map packs and downloaded Alaska TAC's and put map/ecw files where they belonged but nothing. I was also looking for the file that fixed aircraft positioning on "paper" maps. The types of files in categories categories seem a little scattered. I'd apreciate an address if possible so I can download it later.I'll be away from the internet for a while, have been due to medical issues and death in the family. Thanx Johnny for that link, with it I think I have everything I think I need, but there are other priorites for a while.Best Regards, Donny:-wave