Sign in to follow this  
Guest lucizeta

DIrectX error

Hello,from some months I have this big problem: every time I use FLY!II, but again with other simulators, after about 10 minutes, I have this error and blackout of computer:DirectX errorCode: 88760868Description: The device is lost and cannot be restored at the current time, so rendering is not possible.While trying to do this: Can't present the back bufferMy assistence has 2 times formatted computer and reinstall new drivers and directX but there is always the same problem.I have ATI RADEON 9500PRO/9700Driver 6.14.10.6542 of 12/05/2005Catalyst 05.6, version 2D, 6.14.10.6542 memory 128MBMonitor 60 HertzVelocity AGP corrente 8XI use ATI RADEON from some years without problem and I don't understand what is happened.Anyone has an idea about this problem?Many thanks in advance!Luciano -LIME

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello,at last, after many unless attemps, 2 times computer formatted, install and uninstall directX, some different version of Catalyst, intentionated to change my ATI RADEON 9500/9700 PRO with GEFORCE6600GT, I have found the solution of the problem: the temperature!With case of computer open, all is solved!Very happy for this, now I came back to FLY!Luciano - LIME

Hi Luciano,very interesting message, thanks for sharing it with us.No wonder I never had this error as we have to wear woolen underclothes here in Bremen in the summertime :-), you lucky sunburned Italians!RegardsGeorg HeliFLYer EDDW