Sign in to follow this  
Guest cj_flys_wmu

Cessna ad in AOPA Pilot....C182 Turbo Skylane

So I'm flipping through the June 2002 AOPA Pilot magazine, when I encounter a small, full-page add on page 13.It's Cessna advertising their new C182 Turbo Skylane. 158kt cruise, 235hp turbocharged engine, 20,000ft. ceiling, ect. Seems interesting...and expensive. Base price just under $300,000.http://escape.cessna.com/02Perhaps MS will be putting it in FS2004?-Lukexcom, :-wave----BEGIN FS CODE BLOCK----G:KMSP a--- R FS+ F++ P X++ FU+++ C++ H++ O V+++ AVSIM+++ TS+++-----END FS CODE BLOCK-----

WARNING.. BUYERS BEWARE!!!!

I have that issue and I can attest to the fact that the image used is a retouched screen shot from an alpha release. Don't buy that product until you see some REAL screenshots from your usual reputable web sites. Also, frame rates are in the low thousands. Not worth the money IMHO. :-lolHey, what's $300,000 among friends?

Guest KenG

Actually, I believe that Cessna has offered the Turbo Skylane for some time. The price is not that bad, relative to other comparable planes. The Skylane is probably one of the nicest GA planes available: good useful load, good climb performance, comfortable, and nice cruise speeds. Heck, if I had $300,000 I'd buy one tomorrow. Of course, seeing as I barely had enough money for FS2002, I don't think I'll see a C182 (or 40 year-old C152) in my near future.The biggest NEW addition to the Cessna line of GA planes is air conditioning. Now that's something I'd love to have in this Florida heat. By the time my runup is done, I've lost 10 lbs in sweat.

>>The biggest NEW addition to the Cessna line of GA planes is >air conditioning. Now that's something I'd love to have in >this Florida heat. By the time my runup is done, I've lost >10 lbs in sweat. Roger! Captain, try out Mumbai heat in a 32 yr old C152!!Santanu

Guest cj_flys_wmu

That Eclipse is a sweet little aircraft,The company that interned with last summer built the mockups that you see in the pictures. I was the poor shmoe that had to get up at 3:30 in the morning to get to the airport to assist the photographer in taking the sunrise pictures that you see. I think that is was worth the effort in the end as the pictures turned out very well. First flight for the Eclipse is going to be Oshkosk this year. Pretty exciting.Take care,-C.J. StarrPPL, Instrument Student