Sign in to follow this  
Guest roland_lfor

SquawkBox DLL update 3.24

Guest roland_lfor

Hi All,Following domain name change of IVAO organization, the automatic weather download does not work anymore with SquawkBox.Please update with this fixed DLL here (version 3.24 ):http://home.tele2.fr/Gwenn_Rolby/SquawkBox.dlland copy it in your /Modules/Pc/" folder.- roland -* ROTW member *

Guest tonyc

thanks, Roland. A quick question for you. I notice that the weather goes from "actual weather" to "clear weather" as soon as the station is out of range.... I rather have the weather remain with the one that the last station reported. Unless it's a bug....in FLY2.tony

Guest roland_lfor

Hi Tony,I'm afraid I don't understand well the problem.SB try to load the nearest airport weather of the current day each five minutes. If the nearest airport does not report suitable METAR, the I try on the next nearest and so on. So you should always have a real METAR from at least one station each five minutes.But remember that due to a problem in Fly!, if you want the real pressure and winds to affect your aircraft, you need to open the "Weather->Other" window and validate it with "Ok" after each METAR update. Despite lots of research on that problem I was unable to find an automatic solution.- roland -* ROTW member *

Guest tonyc

Roland,I've noticed,many times, that as I fly from point A to point b, and the weather is very poor at point A, 5-10 miles from point B the weather turns clear. I assumed that it was due to a lack of a weather station. In fact, just the other day I flew from Seattle's Tacoma to a nearby airport. The weather at Tacome was 1.5 miles overcast, ans soon after takeoff, a few miles later, the weather turned clear.It's happened from Providence(RI) on my way to Boston. The weather is poor in Providence and near Boston the weather turned clear. But if you say that this should not happen, I'll take a closer look and tell you more specifically what happens....tony

Guest roland_lfor

You are probably right : if no station is found after point A, then Fly! makes a sort of interpolation between point A weather and basic clear weather. So gradually, you'll see a better weather.- roland -* ROTW member *

Guest tonyc

Is this FLY or your code's logic, that is, if Point B =no station then clear , or if Point B = no station then keep last weather settings.I would think the latter condition could be set by the dll. Basic assumption, since weather in FLY is not dynamic.tony

Guest roland_lfor

Tony, It's a Fly! logic as I did not code that ... *:-*- roland -* ROTW member *