Sign in to follow this  
Guest beresford

Yes , we have no magnetos

Guest beresford

I tried to follow the manual section which introduces the Sahara. During startup checks, when I switched either magneto off the engine died. Am I doing it wrong or is this another Fly! II bug?

Guest ben_

There is a wonderful upgrade available in the file library:Category: Fly! II - Aircraft Malibu Mirage With Configurable Failures malibu.zip 7th September 2003 Author: Harry Gentilozzi MALIBU Mirage FOR FLY! II with Failure Modes PLUS PLUS( Part of Introduction...)This is an extension of the basic Sahara aircraft that comes with FLY. First: I renamed a Piper Malibu Mirage. Second: I added a DLL to simulate failures. Third: Stall Warn Test switch. Fifth: I added to the main Panel operable TIE bus circuit breakers in the lower left corner are now operable. The fuses can be pulled manually or blown by the DLL. Fifth: I implemented a panel for circuit breakers Sixth: I fixed the Magneto Switches so the proper BEFORE TAKEOFF check list can be run...This implementation was inspired by reading the emergency procedures of the Malibu Mirage pilots manual. There are three very small sections to this document:1.Panel changes2.Failures3.Emergency check listPanel ChangesThe main panel has three changes to it. ...FailuresThere is a companion DLL with this aircraft. It reads a configuration file at startup time and then randomly generates failures based on the MTBF figures in the configuration file. The configuration file must be called Malibu.cfg and placed in the modules/pc directory along with the DLL. The configuration file in the upload ZIP is a good starting point. I have found it produces about 1 failure every two hours of flight. I use the term Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF) to describe the configuration settings but it is really just the average time between failures.

Guest beresford

Thanks for that, Ben