Sign in to follow this  
Guest SD Sim

FS2002 Baron 58 too hard to taxi

Even with Steve Small's version II improved airfile, I still have a lot of trouble taxiing with the Baron 58. It feels like it is "glued" to the ground -- I need to apply a lot of power for the Baron to begin moving and then it takes off too fast -- after that, if I decrease the throttle a little too much, it stops again and it gets stuck to the gound all over again.Also, after I increase the throttle to get it to move, the Baron makes a slight turn to the left when it begins to taxi.Up until I flew Geofa's B33, I thought that FS2002 was not able to simulate props too well. But now I know it is possible -- Geofa's B33 flies very very well (you can actually trim the aircraft and take your hands off the wheel per se and the plane will continue to fly well) and it taxies very well too.Does anybody know of any way possible to modify the Baron's aircraft.cfg file to improve the way it taxies? and to improve the trim?Thank you

I found that the realism setting does something, although was it exactly does seems very erratic. Sometimes full right is better than full left... it may not change anything when re-adjusted once the aircraft is loaded either. Steve Small recommends to set it about 1/2 way, but I suspect the effect may even vary depending on the system and on a number of other parameters (e.g. wind). On the whole, I gave up! Although I toyed with the idea of increasing the weight, assuming that it would make it more inert...

Guest GOODY

Sir:Inasmuch as you cant individually control each engine (Theseare used mainly to control taxi direction in the real aircraft)However in the sim you can control direction with the followingkeystrokes: F11 left brake F12 right brakeBe gentle with your throttle!Enought to start moving then use the above keys for direction.Hope this helpsGoodyGoodacre@mwaz.com

Guest SD Sim

I have never flown a real aircraft, so I don't know what the actual handling characteristics of any given plane should be. However, using Steve's .air file, there was a dramatic improvement in the handling of my default Baron. Do be aware that the Baron's props are not counter-opposed (sorry, don't know the correct term to use here), which means that you should experience a yaw to the left due to prop torque. Having said that, I have had some strange things happen to the handling characteristics of some of my default planes after installing certain freeware. I had this problem very recently with the KingAir taxi speed. Removing the freeware and reinstalling solved the problem. I was never able to figure out why, and find this somewhat unnerving. Now when I install something new, I always take my favorite planes out for a quick spin to make sure everything is still normal. A major pain, but in my mind, well worth the effort. Hope you find the solution to your problem.