Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cessna_Flyer

In search of a new joystick-what do you mac people use?

Guest Cessna_Flyer

I need a new joystick with the following:-built in throttle-twist grip rudder control-POV hat switch-must be USB-wont burn a hole in my wallet ;-) I used to have a Saitek Cyborg 3D. My last stick was a Logitech Wingman Digital Extreme 3D. The Logitech was good except for the fact that it was too sensitive/loose and caused major control problems in some other games. I was thinking about the Micro$oft Sidewinder. Does this work on a Mac with the USB? The Logitech stick was a Windows only, but it worked through the Mac's HID sprocket. What do you people use? Let me know what you think about the Sidewinder-Greg :-shy formerly tf39

GregI have been using the Saitek X36 FLight controllers for over a year know and am extremly happy with the results. Didn't work real well with the original FLY however button programability in FLY II has made them a pleasure to use. Only drawback is its a two peice system (Stick and Throttle)PaulPaul GollnickG4/400 Radeon OS9.2.2

Guest Cessna_Flyer

been a little busy lately...just checking back :-) I still have no answer on the Sidewinder issue. Does anyone know if the Microsoft Sidewinder USB stick will work on a Mac? I know the software wont work, so the Mac's sprocket system would be used to program buttons and calibrate. Is this even possible?

Guest Allan Jones

If you don't find the info here, you might try posting on the Apple discussion forums (http://discussions.info.apple.com). There may be a workabout. Couldn't find any mention of Macs on the Sidewinder site, though,

Yes, it does under os 9 (pc stick version / games port with usb adaptator as provided in box). Good stick. Better than the cyborg 3d according to me, as i tested the 2 on blue G3; this last is good for falcon and heavy action, m$ has smooth and accurate precision. A good choice.

Guest jsippy

Saitek Cyborg USBHas all of what you want, and only cost me $30 2 years ago. You can find it at your local computer store in the joystick aisle (mine even had it in the mac section)It is a solid stick, and feels smooth.---John R. SippyChicago, IL, USAPowerMacG4 -Dual 5001024MB RAMnVidiaGF2 - 32MB