Sign in to follow this  
Guest jsippy

Is Fly / FlyII in jeopardy?

Guest jsippy

Is it just me...or has there been very little in the line of library add-ons for Fly & FlyII lately?I can understand why I am not seeing library additions for Fly (even though many of us can NOT run FlyII), but why have there been so little add-ons for FlyII lately?Is the sim dieing? or Are people just waiting around for FlyIII?---John R. SippyChicago, IL, USAPowerMacG4 -Dual 5001024MB RAMnVidiaGF2 - 32MB

Guest Allan Jones

John,You voice a concern that I believe a lot of us feel when we look at the library and see nothing but FS2002 files (isn

John,I don't know about Fly!II... I'm just revisiting the old software Fly!2K... I look forward to the improvements of Fly!II after I get a newer graphics card.I'm sure that the "programmers" are doing just that. If you fell the need, maybe you could create a new plane or something. IT seems as though all the posts are concerning with re-programming (which I'm not good at), but I posted a question regarding Pilots, Programmers and Gamers.Hmmm... hang in there. At least you're a head of me.Jon"Happy Mac-Flying!"

Guest jsippy

Hi Jon,Actually, I had started preliminary modeling of the ERJ-145 in Maya with the intent to bring this fine aricraft to Fly2k!Unfortunately two things ceased production of this aircraft:1) Work was interfering with my free time again. (How dare they)2) I am not sure how I am going to get my 3D model into the Fly Editor (running under VirtualPC)In the mean time, I have been greatly enjoying the challenge of hand-flying Rob Young's Hawker V88, and flying "cross country" in Wilco's 737. Both aircraft handle and look great.Regards,---John R. SippyChicago, IL, USAPowerMacG4 -Dual 5001024MB RAMnVidiaGF2 - 32MB