Sign in to follow this  

RE: Long Time No See Or Hear :^)

Hey everyone, how's things in the TRI simming world? Hi Rich, Hi Rob, Hi Franklin...BTW, as some of you may know, I nearly lost it in the beautiful Ohio River Valley :( While doing some work for DOT up on the East River Rd., I got clipped by the mirror of a fully loaded F-350 going 40 mph thru a work zone...At 248 lbs, it spun me like a helo blade. My left lower leg was turned around backwards...funny thing, I didn't feel the impact. Tried to stand up & bones were sticking thru my Levi's...Anyway, 3 surgeries &18 months later, I'm walking again (on my own)...with the damage to my left angle, my PPL could be in jeopardy, but hey that's what atty's are for.Lived w/ a titanium rod & screws for sometime, they are now framed & hanging over the bookshelf, wife wouldn't let me do the fireplace thang...Never knew how handy the old laptop would be, however, got my CH Yoke & Pedals hooked back up to the Cube 500 & ready to go...Peace

Guest Allan Jones

HEY! Great to hear from you, G!Sorry to say this was the fist I've heard about your misfortune, but it sounds like you have the best medicine -- a positive attitude!Most of the beta guys are still hanging around, although some have gone to the Dark Side :-luke and are running FlyII on Windoze.Rich H has a Mac to play with and our hopes are up for some great changes.Glad to see you back,Keep 'em off your six!

Guest jrewing

Wow! I hadn't heard about your accident, but am glad you're getting better. Sounds like an ordeal, but you've certainly maintained a great attitude in spite of your circumstances.Best,Jhon

Guest ftessler

Like the others, I wasn't aware of your accident. I'm very sorry to hear about it.I was once standing on a street in Montreal, waiting for a bus. I wasn't paying attention, and I felt a rush of air on my face as the bus arrived. My friend, who was next to me, said that the mirror came within an inch or two of my head.I'm really glad to hear that you're walking again. Maybe you can take the titanium hardware and convert it into a cover for your Mac: the first TiCube. :)Sincerely,Franklin------------------------------Franklin TesslerG4/500Fly! for Mac Forum Co-moderator

Hey, thanks for the thoughts guys, Franklin, the TiCube sounds cool, but I've got a TiBook 667 Ultimate already :)The TiBook is what made these past several months "fly" by...

Glad you are okay and told us what happened. I've been sidetracked for a while myself as my 14 year old has had 3 surgeries for detached retinas in both eyes. He has another operation scheduled for late May or early June. We all need to have another multiplayer fly-in at KSEA again. That was a very good session when we had the first one. I'll bring my Bell 407.I just made the switch to OS 9.2.2 with the usual growing pains. I've seen the new iMac and it is pretty awsome as far as the flat screen goes. I would consider the next generation if they had audio inputs (which they don't right now) and an upgradable VRAM board.I hope you get some big bucks soon from that idiot 18 wheeler. I almost had my head taken off at the Atlanta airport in the 70's by a jet jockey swinging on to the taxiway too fast. I was working for one of the engineering companies doing the new runways back then. Can you imagine- my job usually meant standing right by the runways all day long. It was like heaven. My wife got us a hotel room last year for my birthday that was only a few hundred yards from the runways in Atlanta. We spent several nights watching planes take off and land while sipping our beverages.(g) When I was a teenager we used to lay on the runways at night as the planes came right over us to land.Barry Williams

"I hope you get some big bucks soon from that idiot 18 wheeler."Hey Barry, it's been awhile, how the heck are ya? Thank God it wasn't an 18 wheeler...it was some Commerical Gas Company's F350 loaded w/ those big propane tanks, doing business w/i in the Tri-State Area.I do believe I'll get the new Ti 800/60 gig out of it ;)

Only a F-350? Those trucks are huge enough!How about one of those new dual processor G4s with the L3 caches? Those are supposed to be screamers according to the MacWorld reviews.I'm really p.o.'ed at Apple for taking away the sound input port. That wrecks my audio and radio work on the computer. I guess I'll have to hack a port into the case somewhere if I ever win the lottery.Good to hear that you are okay.Barry Williamsp.s. System 9.2.2 with Firewire 2.8.5 makes my Que QPS Firewire CDR not seen on the bus. I can boot from 8.6 on my other drive and it works fine...in case anyone wants to know the latest bug reports.Also, I am a victim of the dreaded gray screen when I boot up. It is now my normal routine to power up the G3 and reboot about 15 minutes later so that it gets past the gray screen hangup. I read about others with this problem on xlerate your mac.