Sign in to follow this  

Manual Mixture --- Fly! 2k

Which, if any, are the aircraft in Fly! 2k that manual mixture to be ON? Especifically, do the PMDG aircraft need Manual Mixture on or off? Thanks in advance to anybody who replies.

I don't think you have to have manual mixture on for any of the aircraft. If you have manual mixture off, the simulator controls the mixture for you. If you have it on, you control it yourself. As far as I know, the mixture control is only on props, so it doesn't apply to the PMDG jets. Hope this helps!

Jeffrey,Maybe you're right, but I remember hearing somewhere in this forum, (the old one) that if the programmer made the aircraft, and in his comp, Manual Mixture was OFF, other users would have to have it OFF also so the aircraft won't be over or under powered. Maybe I was dreaming, or maybe somebody else could pitch in.

Just to add a little something here, I was doing a flight from CYYZ - KSLC in an AA 763, and I had very strange fuel problems. The right engine sucked up fuel more than twice as fast as the left one. However, the FF showed that the Fuel Flow was the same on both sides. Cross Feed wasn't on. I ran out of fuel somewhere over Colorado, and had to land in a 4000ft RW, but that's another story.

Willy,I've flown extensively with the PMDG 757s. They work well, regardless of how you have "Manual Mixture" set in your realism controls.

Ok then, I guess I stand corrected. I'll try re-installing my PMDG's to see if they somehow got corrupted.Thanks to anyone who posted.