Sign in to follow this  

Saitek P750

My e-mail friend has a Saitek P750 joystick and the planes he uses in Fly II are jittery. Any suggestion?Keep'em flyin'!Bertil PerssonESPC Fr

Guest Allan Jones

Hi Bertil! Good to see you here again.By "jittery," do you mean the planes vibrate during control inputs? Does the jitter continue when no inputs are made?The Navajo is a known jittery plane on all systems (flying straight and level at cruise speed, it oscillates vertically just enough to be irritating). If it's just the Navajo, it's a known bug in the a/c model.What machine and OS version is your friend running?

No. Not vibrating. From his description I guess it's unsteady. It doesn't straighten up and seems to go on it's own. He has tried calibrating the joystick and switching off "prop effects". I'll come back later whith OS and hardware.Keep'em flyin'!Bertil PerssonESPC Fr

He has a iMac G4 800 with GeForce2MX-card (32mb). The planes are constantly turning left, even on runway. (I caught his message wrong before.) This also happens using keyboard. I'm not sure, but he could be running an unpatched version. I'll try to send him a link to the proper patch.More advices are welcome.Keep'em flyin'!Bertil PerssonESPC Fr

I had similar problems a long time ago and for me I was just doing the calibration a little bit wrong. The problem sounds like the nose wheel/ rudder and throttle control are the problem. If he starts up the aircraft and the engines are not at a low idle and if from the outside view you can see the nose wheel turned hard right, recalibrating should solve the problem - sometimes it would take me a few attempts to get it all correct.Hope this helps,Peter

Thank you, Peter!Refferring to message n:o 3: Do you mean that turning left could be the same problem and the sollution is recalibrate over and over again, until it's gone? (Just checking up, so I know I caught you right.)Keep'em flyin'!Bertil PerssonESPC Fr

Yes, that's what I was referring to. For me, the calibration would not, for some reason, save the set-up. Each time I opened FLY! I had to recalibrate and sometimes I'd have to recalibrate the joystick 3 or 4 times in the same session. I knew it was saved or calibrated properly once I looked at the nose wheel and rudder in the external view.I hope you get it working,Peter

OK! We'll make a try.Keep'em flyin'!Bertil PerssonESPC Fr