Sign in to follow this  

Helicopter

Is anyone else unable to fly the helicopter? It doesn't work sometimes at all, or, if it does, not very well.Is there a recommended fix?John StoltzG4 450 Dual1Gig RAM9.2.2ATI Rage Pro 128

Guest ftessler

John,There is a helicopter fix in the library, but I'm not sure what it does. According to those in the know, the helos are inherently more difficult to fly than the fixed wing aircraft. Take a look at this thread for some tips.Of course, if you're already familiar with helicopter flight principles, you'll be ahead of the game, so to speak. I can fly the Bell for a few minutes and occasionally land it with the shiny side up.-Franklin------------------------------Franklin TesslerDP 800Fly! for Mac Co-moderator

Guest Allan Jones

John,that link that Franklin posted is good. It points out that Fly has the nice feature of setting different flight options for fixed-wing and rotary a/c. It's under "Realism" in the Options menu.The "fix" patch helps, but I hear that rudder pedals are the best improvement. Most joysticks weren't designed with helos in mind. I don't have pedals and find that I need an extra set of arms for the Bell!Every time I take off in the helo, I make 1/18th of a golf course! However, I was on multiplayer at SEA some time ago and a Bell flew by, looking very normal. It was a guy from England who spent all his time in the Bell and figured it out!Regards,

John,I've been able to lift off and fly the helicopters but I haven't been able to land them. I found them to be very sensitive but after a few hours of practise it began to get easier. Flight pedals and a joystick are the way to go.Good Luck,Peter

What you could do for starters is go to your realism settings hit the Helicopter tab and move the sliders up to 100. Its not realistic but as you get better you can bring the sliders back down.All the bestSteve Brown