Sign in to follow this  
Guest product

Turning Off the Menu Bar?

Hi All,The manual says pressing the space bar will temporarily tun off the menu bar at the top of the window, but this doesn't seem to work for me. I checked the key mapping and it is correctly mapped to the space bar (then tried to change the mapping to another key, still no luck).Is this a feature that works on Macs, or just PCs?Joel

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I think I read somewhere that it only works on the PC.Not 100% positive though.Peter

Joel,Interesting that you asked. I just found out last night I can't turn it off after patching, although I could before the patch.The trick was, again, an edit of the fly.ini file. In the section labeled UI, add the line:allowHiddenMenubar=1Before the patch, that addition took care of the menubar (SPACE key toggled like in Fly2K), although it wasn't pretty in II. The edges of the screen would flash three or four pixel widths. Toggling through all the views a couple of times would eliminate the flash, but I'd still get strange articfacts every so often. I gave up and only turned off the bar to take screenshots.Looks like we lost that option in 240.Regards,

Thanks Allan, seems like there's always going to be something new to learn about this sim!Joel

that's why I like it--learning. When I stop learning, I start dying!

Allan,Your magic words work! I typed that line at the end of the UI section of the Fly.ini, and bingo it works (in OSX, at least).I'm starting to think that there must be some magic words to tun on the stars, too, that somehow got lost with the latest patch. If everything else works in the sky (moon, sun, etc.) seems like the stars should, too... was there a line relating to stars in the .ini pre-patch?Joel