Sign in to follow this  

I need help about Fly! II for Macintosh

Dears from AVSIM,I have just applied the new Fly II upgrade for Mac OS X.Many thanks, it is wonderful.Anyhow, I still have some questions:1.) The transparency of the GPS does not appear, only the blackbackground.2.) The Compass in the Tab Mode is not working only with the Hawker800XP Jet Airplane.3.) The Menu Bar does not hide when I press the space bar.Do you guys have any idea of how can I have this bugs solved?Many thanks,Andre HollanderBrazil

Guest Allan Jones

Welcome Andre!1) I believe you're referring to the Vector Map window. Although the transparent background choice is available in the menu, it was apparently never implemented in either the original release of II or the patch. Apple changed some things with OpenGL and RAVE support between Fly 2K and FlyII. I believe this resulted in losing the transparency. It's possible that it was only supported in RAVE, and FlyII is OpenGL only.2) Known unfixed bug. I suspect you'll have to use the main panel instruments. However, Fly II has a neat and largely undocumented feature that helps work around the bug. If you SHIFT-CLICK most instruments, they appear in a new, small window. If you want to Fly with panel off to improve rates but still need to know your heading, shift-click the compass or HSI and then hide the panel (shift-C). The instrument remains, and you can drag it to a convenient place.3) I can help with this one. It requires a small addition to the fly.ini file in the Fly system folder. First, save a copy of the fly.ini file in case something goes wrong. Open the fly.ini file (it's a text file), find the section that starts {UI} and add this line to the bottom of that section: allowHiddenMenubar=1Now the bar will toggle with the space bar.While you're editing that fly.ini file, here is another change you'll like. Also in the {UI} section is a line (close to the top of the section) that reads: allowDebugInfo=0and change the 0 to 1. Now the TAB key displays frame rates like in Fly 2K, although doing ctrl-F to get a rate chart may be better.The last change is to find the line near the bottom of the same section that reads searchPodFilesFirst=1and change the 1 to 0. This lets you use add-on scenery and aircraft.Hope this helps!