Sign in to follow this  
Guest Allan Jones

Now running X

Guest Allan Jones

Hi all,Last weekend I took the plunge and installed 10.2.3 on the Beige G3. I'm posting tis in Safari Pretty slick OS! I expected sluggish performance from the system visuals, but they run as smothly on the Beige as on daughter's eMac G4/700. Must be the Radeon.I tried launching Fly II from two different insallations, one a heavily loaded and tweaked 216 and the other a rather clean install with the full patch. Both errored and would not start. I think the system log message is telling me that FlyII is looking for a USB joystick. I now have one but haven't installed it because the firm forgot to pack the USB adapter. Will try when I get the part.Both Fly installations are on a different partition than OSX. Would that make a difference?It's been busy here so I've not had a lot of time to devote to doing Fly II under X. Maybe this wekend. I'll keep you posted.

Guest jsippy

Welcome to the "cat" club.I am forced to use 9 at work, and I now feel totally lost without 10.2's features. Once you get FlyII running, you should see half-way decent performance under X, the video drivers within X are far superior to those provided in 9.As far as the problem you are having goes, I remember having a similar problem in the early days related to the "OS-X Joystick.bundle" (or some similar name). The one that is provided by the final FlyII patch is the most complete version to date, but I believe that the ".bundle" file is related to the version of FlyII that you are using. For example, I recall trying to use a newer ".bundle" file with an older release of FlyII and having problems getting FlyII to run.Keep an eye on that system log, there is a wealth of troubleshooting information provided there. You are way ahead of the game just by knowing where to look.Cheers,---John R. SippyChicago, IL, USAPowerMacG4 -Dual 5001024MB RAMnVidiaGF2 - 32MB

Guest Paul Brooks

Hi Allan,I think you need the update Fly 2 10.1 patch.It is available from the library and is only a small file.This is what the read me file says: "To use Fly 2 with OSX v10.1, you will need to replace the HIDManagerSupport.bundle, located in your Fly 2 folder. Just drag the new HIDManagerSupport.bundle to your Fly 2 folder and you should be airborne in moments. Happy flying!"I found that once this update was applied Fly!2 ran very well, however I still cannot fly the TMB700 by ROTW.Hope this helpsPaul

Guest Allan Jones

Paul,I thought the 10.1 patch was part of the final Fly! patch. I'm still thinking that the problem may be due to no USB joystick detected. I have the USB card and a new joystick, but need a Gameport-to-USB adapter for the stick. It's "in the mail." The stick maker forgot to put it in the package.Thanks for the posts. That system log is VERY handy.

Guest Paul Brooks

Hi allan,The 10.1 patch is a separate file.I also had problems with my usb joystick and the 10.1 patch cured most of the problems.Paul