Sign in to follow this  
Guest cabbepe

MS 2004 for Mac?

Guest cabbepe

Anyone who heard about FS2004 for Mac. There were rumours of such a version.I've been out of the forum for a while. Hi again, friends!

Bertil,Unfortunately, that's all it was...a rumour, and it was actuallygeared for MSFS 3, I believe.SOMEone was supposed to be doing it (MacPlay, I think), butthere has been no discussion for quite some time, so I personallyhave to think that the idea's been scrapped!There's a LOT of code in FS2004, and I think it would be extremelyhard to port the entire thing over, and, like so many other things MSrelated, they just don't care. It wouldn't generate enough revenue tosatisfy M$, so consequently, all you've read about is vaporware.Just my thoughts... :-vuurJim

Guest Allan Jones

Hi Bertil!This firm:http://www.destineerstudios.com/once said that they would do MSFS for Mac. However, their site is under contruction and their other site:http://www.boldgames.com/index.htmlhas nothing about MSFS any more. I did see it there once. One of the beta testers for FlyII Mac who lived in the Minneapolis area heard about the firm and sent the link on the beta site. I agree that, unless the G5 causes millions of peecee users to defect, the monetary return is not within Micro$oft's income target.Did you notice I moved up to X? Runs quite well, but I stil Fly! in OS9.Welcome back!

Guest cabbepe

Well, It looks like I'll have to ask Santa Claus for a faster Mac and a Fly!II, or settle for the other kind of system, which I really don't like.

Guest ftessler

Allan,The last time I asked them about MSFS was at least a year ago and it seemed unlikely then. The problem is that MSFS is a niche product, even on the PC. It's probably not economically viable on the Mac, although I'd love to be proven wrong.-Franklin------------------------------Franklin TesslerDP 800Fly! for Mac Co-moderator