Sign in to follow this  

Fly! II on MacOS X 10.3

Hello all,I tested Fly! II on 10.3 (Panther, to be released) this week end on a dual 1GHz G4 and it is running fine. It seems somewhat faster than running on Jaguar. With minimal sceneries I get frame rates of about 20 now. I can't remember what I got on Jaguar on the same machine but it did not feel as good. This is my work machine and I rarely Fly! from there. It is definitely smoother than on my titanium powerbook 800MHz. If I get my hands on a G5 I will try it too.Regarding the TBM700 and the P51s not running on MacOSX, Patrick Martin showed me how to 'fix' them by editing the AMP file for each aircraft. Remove all references to subsystems coming from the missing or unloaded dlls (one dll for each aircraft is bad):-note the subsystem missing in the error panel-find it and remove it from the AMP file-restart Fly!IIThis is a trial and error process as you delete subsystems one after the other as listed in the error panels that pop up at startup, until the plane works.There is a small loss of functionality but it does not impact the flight experience too much.Francois

Guest ftessler

Francois,It's good to hear that Fly! at least runs under Panther. But you say that you got about 20 FPS with minimal scenery. That's better than I get under 10.2, but not by much. In my opinion, it's still too low to make it worthwhile to run Fly! under OS X.Now, if it turns out that the G5, with its faster FSB and all, does much better, that'll be great. (Not that I'm going to get one anytime soon. I still rely on Virtual PC to run a couple of Windows applications, and I don't think we'll see a G5-compatible version anytime soon.)-Franklin