Sign in to follow this  
Guest andrew crown

Flight Simulator for Mac

It's been awhile since I have been here. I use FLY II for the MAC. I came looking for new planes today and it seems like eevrything has been removed. Is there a new spot? ALso is there now a better sim to use with MAC OS9 or OS10?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Andrew,Yes, it's very quiet here any more. I think we all moved to OSX and the flightstick issues have never been overcome. I know that's my story.I bought X-Plane about 15 months ago and, when I stop comparing it to what FlyII Mac could have been, actually enjoy it. Like other sims, XP has some flight models that are whacked, but it doesn't take long for someone to tweak it to be better.XP v7 has been better than the older versions at which I turned up my nose. It seems that V7.30 is pretty much the limit for my meager system (see below), although I'm seeing some glimmer of hope for v7.63. Adding the Radeon 9200 128MB card helped my increase texture details without taking a rate hit. Still the old processor is holding me back. However, I can fly and land quite nicely at indicated rates in the 16-17 range. Fast? No. Usable? For me, yes.The latest version of XP is now at 8 and comes on DVD, so that leaves out Macs without combo/Super drives.Another thing I like about XP is that the developer, Austin Meyer, has been a strong supporter of the Mac platform, so there are few if any "Windoze get this but Mac doesn't" issues.A private site that holds most of the add-ons for XP is http://www.x-plane.org. I check in there daily.Allan