Sign in to follow this  
Guest cabbepe

Hi folks!

Guest cabbepe

I've converted to a P4 and FS2004 as there are more scandinavian facilities and addons there. I've been waiting a long time and finally I found a local store who built a special computer to fit FS2004. Se below in signature. I'll still be watching what happens here.I might try to get Fly!II for Win, if it's still avaiable. And som addon to convert scenery from FS to Fly!. I'll check that later on a suitable forum. I won't fly so much on my old Mac, but I still use it for some e-mail and word-processing, as I don't have all the software i need for Win.I would have seen a developed Fly! because som features are better on Fly! X-Plane probably is just as good as FS but there are few scandinavians using it, and because of that, few scandinavian addons. For FS i even found the hometown heliport.See you later!

Guest Allan Jones

Hi Bertil!Good to hear from you. I've been a bit scarce around here since I bought X-Plane about 18 months ago. I never overcame the Fly! II flight stick issues once I upgraded to OSX. X-Plane is giving me decent rates on my old machine as long as I stick with the older version 7.30. Not enough processor to get rid of the fog with higher versions, even of XP7.Last fall, I boosted my video card to a 128MB ATI Radeon 9200 and X-Plane seems to be the only program that really takes advantage of the massive amount (relatively speaking, of course) of VRAM. I can set the rendering option to one click below the max and still get flyable frame rates. The extra VRAM did not improve rates but let me have high detail levels without a rate deficit.I wanted to try Fly! II with the new vidcard in OS9 but the OS9 drivers for the 9200 are less than stable. Of course, I'd need to define a new render.ini file for the new card which I haven't yet attempted. I have to get past the OS9 driver issues first.Good luck with the new machine.Allan

Guest cabbepe

Hi Allan!Good to hear from you too.I might make a try later on Fly!II for Win if I get it on second hand. I guess most stores don't have it any more.

Guest ftessler

Hi Bertil,I second Allan's wishes.If you're interested in trying Fly! on the PC, I was able to find a few copies for sale on Ebay after a brief search, so I'm sure you can find one if you look.Sincerely,Franklin------------------------------Franklin TesslerDP 800Fly! for Mac Co-moderator

Guest cabbepe

Thanks!I'll check the site as soon as I can.