Sign in to follow this  

panel cfg

I am fairly new to Flightsimming, but have advanced far enough to want to add a couple of things which require modifying the panel cfg file. How do I get into that file, and how do I perform modifications (such as adding a window for AI mapping, etc)Thanks for all your help

Guest wkzzo

as far as opening a panel cfg ,right click on it and select open with or open (depending on which os your using) and use notepad as the program to open it with. If you want to add anything such as a new window open some other panel cfgs that you download or some of the defaults and get familiar with them. You can copy and paste elements from other panel cfg's to your panel cfg's. You can do the same thing with aircraft cfgs, such as adding smoke for landing effects or engine smoke ect....Always make a copy of any cfg file your going to edit so in case you make a mistake you can go back to the original. To do this right click ,select copy ,right click again a select paste. Then rename it something such as panel.cfg.bak or you can leave it as copy of panel.cfg

HiYou might want to try cfgedit.It's a freeware paneleditor, and does al the above mentioned, and much more, in a WYSIWYG way.Download it and try it, you'll like it.There's also a paywareversion, with more options.see my DC2 panel, made with this editorhttp://www.avsim.com/hangar/flight/dc2uive...iew_Cockpit.jpgNo DC3 without a DC2;-)Cheers, RobVisit http://www.avsim.com/hangar/flight/dc2uiver/index.htm