Sign in to follow this  
Guest Richard Hill

Richard Harvey or Someone HELP!

I have been having this problem with Fly2slice.EXE not responding.I have uninstalled and reinstalled both Fly2Update2.1.230 as well as TerraScene 2.1, with the same result.Terrascene smoothly goes through its routine, making all required *.tga, *.txt, *.ras, and *.rat files, makes D*folder in Fly2/Scenery, writes *,-* .txt file then STOPS!As much as I enjoy Fly2, making area scenery tiles in general, I think I can finf better use of 10+ Gigs of hard drive space for Fly!2, TerraScene2.1 and all my scenery tiles, when I can find no help with this problem.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Richard L Hill richardlhll@wmconnect.com

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Ok,Does the fly2slice start at all? Do you get the fly intro screen in a window on your computer (not full screen)?When the slicer is running, do you get any drive activity?Have you tried to manually slice? This is easily done by starting Fly, pressing CTRL E to go to the scenery editor, then importing the scenery using the files that TS generated.http://www.thesalters.org/images/Avsim_sig_KS.jpg

Ken;Yes Fly2Slice starts.Yes I get the small intro window.I get drive activity for about 10-20 seconds then nothing.CPU usage is at 100% when I view Task Manager.The TerraScene drive has 2GB free with output files there, so no problem with room.I defrag all drives prior to ruinning TerraScene.I will give your suggestion a try, but can't see wherte that would make a difference.I must admit that after all this time enjoying Fly from Day one, I am getting a little discusted.I done over 45 tilse in Fly!2K with no problem.I have done over 18 with TerraScene2.1.This problem started several weeks ago, went away for a while no Fly2Slice will not work at ALL.Go figure..I hope maby Richard will read it and know what is going on...My Fly!2 Drive has 3.8 GB free.AMD Athalon 1.4 GHz512 MB SDRAMNvidia GForce2 MX400 64MB VideoWindowsXPThanks for the reply! Richard;:-grr :-mad :-fume

I have also had a few setbacks using TS2.1Here is what I do and it seems to work for me.1. Generate a tile without slicing it.2. Empty the tmp folder in TerrScene.3. Now I select

No help with that suggestion, Fly2Slice starts, but after a few seconds it just stops functioning. Going to get some CDRW's today, try Kens suggestion one more time, then back up all my work and say BYBY to Fly.I had made 44+ tiles in Fly!2k, now after 18 in Fly!2 TerraScene2.1, I have just about given up on someone with the right answers.Thanks for ther rewsponse;Richard