Sign in to follow this  
Guest Richard Hill

Podding methods

Guest Richard Hill

I am still having problems with FlySlice, I have managed to get it to slice within TerraScene, but now it slices and stops responding prior to podding a file. I have managed to get 2.25 GB free with data files of the tile I am podding. It is strange I am one of very few having this problem.I try to manualy pod a file and get an error before I can even select the files to POD!Any other program I can use to POD like GlobalTile, or any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.AMD Athalon 1.4 GHZNividia GForce 2 MX400 64MB Video512 MB PC133 SDRAMWindows 2002XPRichard;

Guest Mgarmy

Richard,I had such a problem a while ago. What I did was starting to clear my memory from all kinds of memory resident program that were not needed. I started msconfig and looked at was being loaded at startup and managed to confirm that most of it was not needed. I recommend looking at that because I don't think ar has to do only with Fly but with a combination of several programs which may be in the way for Fly to allocate enough memory for slicing.Hope this may help.Mannie

Guest Dean

Richard,How big is your scenery area? Does it cover more than 1 globe tile? If so, you might try reducing the size and see what happens.