Sign in to follow this  

New Zealand not on the Terrascene map

HiI'm trying to use TerraScene to create some scenery for New Zealand and it isn't on the TerraScene map. What do I need to get to add it as it would make life easier!ThanksRich

Yeah I've noticed that the South Island shows up fine but there's no coast lines for the North Island. Makes it a bit hard to tell where you are! Rivers show up fine though.DanielChristchurch

HiI must admit to not having tried the South Island yet. I also noticed that after I'd rendered quarter tiles 125,98 NW and 125,98 SW , TerraScene hangs up if I try to select the NE or SW quarter tiles on the map. I left it all morning and where it would normally put the selection box around the tile, it did nothing but use a lot of CPU.The small amount of scenery that I have done so far though looks a lot nicer that the default where Rotorua Aerodrome was surrounded by water.Rich

I solved the hanging up problem by using the low detail map which allowed me to select the tiles. I'll just have to wait whilst my stone age PC renders them :-)Rich

Hi RichI have been working on scenery for Wellington/Paraparaumu, posted some shots a while ago, but haven't done much since. I've been side-tracked doing car racing tracks/scenery type stuff lately ( anyone interested in Taupo for GPL?), but I will get back to it soon!The scenery was basically finished but not podded yet, new elevations etc, and I was just starting to do some 3D models. Mike Vaney sent me some great pics of NZPP to help with the models.PS Mike if you are still around I lost your email address in a hard drive crashvirus attack.Daniel

DanielI didn't see your screenshots as I'm fairly new to this. I'm having a lot of fun learning though. I'm working on Kerikeri at the moment as that is my local airport and I have found out how to move the runways to their proper locations and how to make the NDB/DME work better. I'm having trouble with the taxiways and I haven't even started on buildings yet.Rich