Sign in to follow this  

UK Scenery manufacture-We have a source of aerial pics

For sometime there has been a source of coloured aerial pics available to maunfacture UK scenery and I have produced a couple of composite aerial photos by joining together the 1:25000 pics on the MultiMap site.If you take a look at http://www.multimap.com/map/photo.cgi?clie...59&gridn=431817you'll see Finningley RAF base at the scale I'm using 1:25000 which is just a little bigger than Fly!s so a re-scaling is needed.The 'Navigate' control on the left side allows 'jumping' to the next available pic and when you select 'Save Picture as' (by 'right-clicking' on the pic) a unique ID is given.the ref used (ie X467000Y399000) relates to a metre scale (ie 1000 metres between 467000 and 468000) and by 'jumping' '2 clicks' sideways or '2 clicks' up you can store an overlapping selection of pics that will join up.This as you can imagine is lots of hard work and I have tried using a macro to do it. However every now and then a pic won't download and you have to resort to only 'jumping 1 click' sideways to get the next useable pic.Over on the FU3 Forum they also have discovered these MultiMap pics and what's more have developed tools to both automate the collection and assembly of them!See some recent posts re UK scenery and any by the FU3 scenery guru 'agtim'. The download tool that Ben produced appears to be 'foiled' by a recent change of url labelling on the part of MultiMap.(http://www15.brinkster.com/biopak/index.html)Can anybody come up with such a tool for us Fly!2 users?Does anyone know the legality of uploading completed 'pods' based on aerial pics from a copyrighted source such as the 'GetMapping'pics? I think that we would be better just producing the tools and publish a method but avoid distributing manufactured scenery.I wonder what others think? Just think of the number of 'hits' that the MultiMap site must be getting now-lots of advertising revenue for them.I've downloaded almost all of England and Wales myself!By the way GetMapping have published a beautiful book of their England aerial photos-alas it's listed t

Update on the above-Ben's download tool works fine-just open the MultiMap website at the appropriate page and then run the download tool.Ben say's he'll try and makeone for us 'Fly!2 user's' as his currently download 1:1000 scale pics which is closest to FU3's 4m/pix scenery.DaveT