Sign in to follow this  

Editing a Default Panel??

Hello,i need help! I am a student airline pilot, i am training with PA-42 Cheyenne IIIA and i am currently using FLY!2k for simulating the pa42 with the fantastic KINGAIR B200...but i would like to do more...i would like to edit the king air panel putting in some new gauges that i have in my FLY!2k directory...i don't know how to do that since FLY! is a new program to me FSxxxx user....for instance i would like to put an EHSI and EADI in place of the two mechanical one and a ground clearence button that i saw in the chieftain panel etc etc....pleace help....any hint is greatly appreciated!! ThanksDamiano,Alitalia Airlines

Hi Damiano,First of all there are 2 stages to what you are trying to do.Stage 1 = the Graphic PhaseStage 2 = the Programming PhaseStage 1:You first of all have to extract the PANEL you want to modify from its EPD file (in fly's Aircraft Folder) You will need a EPD utility tool in order to do this. It basically extract files from the EPD so you can modify them and then you convert the modified files back into an EPD to use in Fly. (Do a search in the file library for the EPD tools you'll also need a raw to pbm converter tool).Once you have extracted the files locate the PANEL.raw file and open it up into a graphic programme (PHOTOSHOP is best). Next place your new additions into the PANEL (these NEW graphics/gauges must be the background ONLY (NO moving parts..needles/digits etc). You then save the PANEL as a .act and .raw file ready to place back into Fly!.If there are any moving parts in your NEW graphics these have to be created separetly so that they can be placed on top of the amended PANEL by Fly!. using the PNL file.Stage 2This involves the data file called the PNL which tells Fly! where to put your graphics and how they should be used.This is just a brief out-line of whats involved if you decide you want to go ahead and give it a try. Then theres lots of help on these forums (there really quite a nice bunch of guy's).Good Luck with your flying/projectJohnDC-10 ProjectB737-500 Project

The aircraft panels are not all in pod files. Some instruments are in the system, and not directly usable. So is the PFD of the Peregrine (Hawker). This was probably to circumvent the Photoshop limitations of 30000 * 30000 pixels, not easy for the 360 images of an Horizon ball (one per degree), and to avoid a .dll. But it's also a limitation to the developpers for the big aircrafts such as Boeings : they have to think how to make ND or PFD screens with many .dlls.

Guest Bart

There are ways to cheat the system on making larger instruments. On the Aero Commander the total of all 360 frames for the outer ring and football on the AI is larger than what PSP will handle, so, to make it work I removed every other frame from frame 140 thru 260, those frames wouldn't be used unless you were flying upside down so they aren't really needed. I've done this on a few different gauges, even as far as removing every other frame throughout the whole animation with no ill effects on the gauge in the sim. c ya :-waveBart flyhelp@zoomtown.comhttp://bartsflyplace.tripod.com/pics/ryans...ight/flight.gif http://bartsflyplace.tripod.com/bart_logo3.jpg