Sign in to follow this  

Pls anyone with Flattenator experience need Help

As nobody reply to me in the Fly! General Forum. I came here. I'm been triying to flat some area of my homeland but after follow the tutorial from Harald nothing happen, also I use the advance method and no changes can someone tell me what to do.tks for your coop in advancergdsCesar/Venezuela

If it helps to gather a response, Cesar, I would like to say that I too have had problems with the Flattenator. I have been trying to flatten an area of scenery created with Terrascene. Every time I go into the advanced mode, Flattenator crashes. Maybe there is someone here who has some real experience with adjusting elevations in Fly!II and could give us an idea of whats going on and how changing elevations works. The one thing I can tell you is that using Terrascene to render a particular area can have positive results on the elevation. In one case, it raised the surrounding elevation to the height of a runway that I had floating in the air. The only problem is that I need the runway lowered about 200 feet and I need the flatenator to do that.I wish I had an answer for you, but perhaps others with Flattenator experience will jump in.

Hi DanVery kind of you at least to reply me, thank very much, it seems that this program didn't work as they said, I have almost the same problem like you the runway is 200feet lower than the real one and also I have all the city where I live with several feet up so is very dificult to land.well I will try with Terrascene.Best regardsCesar/Venezuela

I promise I will post the answer if I discover it. My theory is that if I can generate Terrascenery and then edit those files with the Flattenator, or perhaps even manually, then maybe I can get it to work. Its just a mystery to my why Fly!II would simply ignore elevation entries. I even lowered the airport with VolEdit and DexImporter and it just stays where it is...hanging in the air. For me, the problem might be related to the fact that the ground around the airport slopes significantly downward.

Do you gentlemen have the .TRN files extracted from the .POD file that Terrascene created, into the DATA folder? For each globe tile that you're interested in flattening, you MUST have the appropriate .TRN files.ALSO, remember that Flattenator Deluxe (in the Advanced mode) ONLY flattens terrain that has 4x4 detail - 8x8 WILL crash.Try this, and if it doesn't work, I am here to help.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Many tks for your reply.I haven't use terrascene yet, I just follow the tutorial posted in Ken salter web page for flattening airport and nothing happen,Pls kindly take a look of the pic, the red x is the area that i need to flat, this is where I live, area 208,135.best rgdsCesar

Cesar, maybe I can help. Is that scenery Terrascened? It looks like it to me. If so, the data directory should contain a folder with some gxx.trn files. If you can not adjust elevations with Flattenator, then you can manually edit these gxx.trn files in a text editor. The X mark on the left should be quite easy to adjust in elevation, since it appears far enough from the airstrip to not affect it. On the other hand, the second X mark just below the airstrip is awful close, and it might not be possible to achieve the desired terrain elevation, unless there are detail tiles in the immediate vicinity. Looking at your screenshot, I am almost certain there are no detail tiles in the vicinity and below the airstrip (I see two X marks on my monitor-is that true?) You can search the old forum archive under the key word (oddly enough) WARNING to find an excellent description on editing the gxx.trn files and determining which ones to edit and which super tiles to edit. If you have trouble, repost here and we can proceed from there.If its any comfort, I just flattened the rivers and water bodies in globe tile 199160 (part of Pennsylvania) by manually editing the gxx.trn files and am planning to upload these. It was tedious, but not difficult. So, if you have gxx.trn files created by Terrascene v2.1, then it should be possible to work out a solution to your elevation problem, if not in immediate proximity to the airport, then at least in the area that is more distant and to the left.

Well, I just read your last message again, and saw that you didn't use Terrascene. So, I see my post above does not apply, and I apologize for not noticing in the first place. The only solution I can suggest is to do the area with Terrascene 2.1 so that you'll have some trn files to edit.

Dear MarkThank you very much for your reply, I will try tu use terrascene then try to adjust the elevation as you expalined.rgdsCesar