Sign in to follow this  

Does someone has VisualC ...

Hello,I need, in a python script to be able to get the flight plan, but GetFlightPlan only exists with the SDK, so it's for C programmer.Thus i decide to learn enought C to be able to have a little DLL which could write somewere the flight plan so i could read it back with my python script.The thing is that i do not have VisualC++, i tryied then to compile with Borldand free Compiler.But there is a problem with the flysdk.lib file and it is documented there: http://www.bcbdev.com/faqs/faq92.htm.Roughtly it has to do with Coff and omf type that make access to a visual C++ compiled (static?) library unusable for Borland compiler(actually i do not understand anything , except that because of this incompatibility i cannot compile any file for Fly!).So if someone could be kind enought to read this article, follow the procedure and put the resulting file somewhere, it would be very nice.PS: if Mr Rich Harvey comes across this thread and has nothing to do during... enought time: "The best solution is to obtain Borland compatible files from the third party vendor".PSS: Another solution would be for someone to write the Dll :)PPSS: And if nobody can help...i throw myself trough a window...beware!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

For what it's worth I have Visual C++6 and Visual C++5 Special Edition. I began with Visual C++5 and then went on to C++6. I have now forgotten everything I learned since it has been such a long time since I used either program. If you would like to have either program let me know and I will get it off to you.If you want to discuss further send me an email.

Chem,There are more than a few books on the Market for learing about 3D Game Programming, some of which include a copy of MS VC++. My books listed below came with an 'Introductory Edition' and might be suitable for your needs.The books I have are as follows: Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Guru's (w/CD) by Andre LaMothe, Published by SAMS ISBN# 0-672-31361-8 $49.99 US 3D Game Programming with C++ (w/CD) by John De Goes, Published by Coriolis ISBN# 1-57610-400-1 $49.99 USThese are somewhat old now, and in my last visit to the Book Store a few weeks back there were many, many new ones - most with CDs. Check it out and see if any include a basic version of MS VC++.Tom C.