Sign in to follow this  

Can anyone reproduce this problem?

Hi all,I've been investigating a problem I've discovered while developing a Cessna 152 Model for Fly!II (PC only I'm afraid). I initially assumed that it was due to a defect in my model but, on further investigation, I seem to be experiencing the problem without my model being loaded. I'd like to confirm this before wasting any more time trying to debug my model (it's about ready for release apart from this issue).So ...I'd like someone to completely destroy their Fly!II installation for me! (well not quite but it involves a bit of work.)The problem I'm seeing is that when I switch through the enabled computer controlled aircraft, Fly!II crashes with an "access violation at address 00749D36" error message.Now with all the TRI supplied aircraft available (full models and generics) the crash happens very infrequently. I can, however, get it to crash much more often when I reduce the number of available aircraft. Here's how I do it ...Move all of the aircraft pod files from Fly!'s aircraft directory EXCEPT Flyhawk.pod and accommon.pod to somewhere safe (not under the Fly!II root directory). Start Fly! with maximum computer controlled aircraft available (Options menu then Scenery, then Computer Controlled Aircraft slider to max). Switch between CC aircraft by pressing the "V" key. After a few presses I get the "access violation at address 00749D36" message.Can any kind soul out there try this and confirm the error? I've reproduced the fault on three machines, but I'd like to confirm that it happens on a system that has never been contaminated by my C152 model!I'm offering a free copy of my model to anyone who can reproduce the fault for me. (But then I'm offering a free copy of my model to everyone else as well!)Eddie

Dear EddieI recomend you to post this messsage in the Fly general forum, people over there can help you, I'm afraid that I cannot help due to my systems is very low and hit frame rate when I use the Computer aircraft controlled, but I can test your model if you want.yv52@yahoo.comrgdsCesar/Venezuela

Thanks for your response Cesar,I thought I'd ask in this forum first as people here tend to have more experience and are therefore less likely to damage their installation!As for testing my model, I already have a few beta testers who have provided some good feedback. If someone can confirm that this problem I'm seeing is not related to my model then you could have a release copy by the end of this week.I hope it's worth the wait.Eddie

Yours noted. Hope somebody reply to you in the other forum.looking forward to see your C152 for Fly2 very soon.Best regardsCesar/Venezuela