Sign in to follow this  

TerraScene Render error message.

When I render project I receive the following error message:tk.ts.f.b.i:shapefile contains mixed types,header says 1,this rec =2024062632Where do I look to check, that I do not have any mixed types before I commence rendering?The Digital Map window showed all type 8 files in "Files In Project" window.Rodger Buckley.

Guest Colins2

Rodger,There's not much you can do if the shapefile is corrupt.(But I've never come across one that is)Have you checked the file with ArcExplorer?You can't have mixed types in a shapefile, it's not allowed, so that could be a misleading error message from TS2.There are some 20 odd types of shapefile that can be created, but TS2 will *only* work with Polygons and Polylines - nothing else.Check the file types that you are trying to use, I would guess that that is where your problem lies.Colin

Colin,I am not shure what the term "mixed files"means.I have only been selecting the files -TYPE DESC-mentioned in the Hong kong Mapping Table(p23)I am trying to generate scenery for the NSW coast(Eastern Australia).So far the results have been rather "bland".Coastline only.no roads or rivers,even though they were selected in digital map file.I am making each stage about 100 to 250 miles.Is it possible to view the map selected from ArcExplorer,from the digital map files, to see where to start the next stage?Today I generated 250 miles of coastline--332 minutes--but it would not mesh with previous stage!!1I have set max heap size to 480m and max segment size 5000.Rodger.