Sign in to follow this  

problems with the center posts

i have got a new .bmp pic of the cockpit panel and center post that i want to use, however now that i have it in .bmp format, i tried to use fly!graphics to convert it back to a .pbm format. when i hit convert i get the following error:There was a problem encountered during the conversion. Please verify the file you are trying to convert is indeed a TRI supported graphici have been trying to convert it for a while, but i got frustrated wiht it and decided to ask around for some help. i select the convert to type to PBM and hit convert. but that is when i recive and error. if anyone has any idea as to what i can do to fix this problem, i could really use the help! thanks so much!!!!!!!!anthony miller

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Ok, I've had problems like this a number of times and might have a few suggestions. My guess is it probably has to do with the color index of the BMP file. Remember, the BMPs to be converted in Fly! Graphics have to be in indexed color mode. In Photoshop, the steps are to choose image > mode > indexed color. In the indexed color dialog, I have the following settings:Palette: Local (Selective)Colors: 256Forced: Custom (w/ 0,0,0 as the first entry in the custom color table)Transparency: NoDither: DiffusionAmount: 75%Preserve Exact Colors: NoI know you may not be using Photoshop, and I don't know how to set this up in other applications, but I do have one other suggestion on a technique that has worked for me. Follow these steps:1) First, save your new BMP under a different file name so you don't overwrite it.2) Convert the original panel image to a new BMP using Fly! Graphics3) Open your edited BMP and the fresh BMP (created in step 2) in your image editor4) Make sure your new BMP is flattened into one layer and select the entire image (ctrl+A) and choose copy.5) Go to the unedited BMP and paste your edited version on top.6) Now simply save this new BMP and try and convert it to a PBM in Fly! Graphics.Those steps work because you're ensuring the format hasn't changed from a BMP that Fly! Graphics created. That has worked for me and I hope one of these techniques works for you.

cool thanks, i will give this a try! i was really confused when it gave me that error! hehe. your right. i am not using photoshop (the the defult photo editor on my comp.....something like windows imaging or something like that....not the best, but it works for this little test project;) ) i am not sure though what you mean by making the image flattned? other than that, i am going to give it a try!!!! thanks very much for all the help!anthony