Sign in to follow this  
Guest BOB_J

Help for editor Pb and a new link

Guest BOB_J

Did someone know how to change "undocumented" parameters (segment size, individual tile slicing, etc...) in the standard FLY!II editor ? its probably a part of the main code but...The change of these params are easy on the patch 230 editor, but Mac users don't have the toy and the integrated one seems to kill ressources after slicing a few tiles on my system (PC 512Mo, space on DD oka, auto win parms). I have build very large France and Middle-east sceneries from assembled, enhanced, colorized panchro SPOT orthophotos, and I think that sending to users large georeferenced bitmaps, 8 bits color coding, is a good idea, since the amount of datas are a little less "enormous" (ECW use in the future?) and all simulators compatible.I want to be sure that everybody can use those bitmaps.Not directly related topics, but...After the FLY!II textures multiplication, Terrascene or orthophoto generated sceneries gives fairly large files, because, to my (limited) knowledge, every texture is individually draw. This seriously impair final "PODed" file exchange for large coverage (up to round 250Mo a tile!).As transportation network generally don't cover a very large part of the surface, especially if we only consider the major roads (remember the 7.5m resolution), interlace individually generated network textures and the basic untouched ones, but treated "generic way" for instance, would seriously lower the size of files. I suppose that the merging process is the 6 o'clock bandit. May be I am wrong, may be this is already the case...You'll not be here for nothing : I have discovered a free Brazilian GIS program called SPRING that seems to have a great potential. For DCW users (rest of the world!), it sould be a must! Think... all-in-one : import of all formats, direct shapes editing, mosa