Sign in to follow this  
MGS

Ver 2 of d199160 gxx.trn files uploaded

I've uploaded version 2 of the gxx.trn files for globe tile 199160. I was annoyed at some of the momentary gaps that opened and closed near the Kunzua dam at the Allegheny Res. I was able to eliminate two of these. A third I nearly eliminated and moved also moved below the water line of the reservoir so its less noticeable with a water mask. I also finished flattening the Clarion river and two other branch streams, and did some additional flattening of water near the dam and across in a bay of the reservoir.A number of people have downloaded my original version of d199160, which flattens the Allegheny R and Res and part of the Clarion R. There really is nothing wrong with the original version elevations. But, I am happier with this new version. To help you decide if you wish to download version 2, I'll post a sequence of 3 screenshots, which show ver 2 as one flies from KBFD west towards Warren (I included these shots in the download also). The momentary gaps that appear in the original version can be compared to these shots. A fourth momentary gap I just could not get rid of. You would only notice it if you flew north to south above the reservoir proper.Eliminating these momentary gaps is, to me, something of a black art. They occur at seams of only a very few certain high detail grids in the default elevations and edited elevations.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!