Sign in to follow this  
Guest ba747heavy

amp and pnl Files

Guest ba747heavy

What are the 'bare minimum' requirements for these files. I am looking basically to design an electrical system from the ground up, and I would rather not weed through more things that I need :-) When I take an exsisting plane, and modifiy said files, I get errors out the wazoo ;-)Thanks a bunch

Guest ba747heavy

Alright, after much looking, this is what I have discovered.Busses are declared in the amp file. To declare a bus, you need to attach it to a generator, or batt, right?Next..I am using the 743 as a reference(although all planes seem to have this), Pnenumatic(spelling is wrong :-)) system, and the nose wheel steering. I know what the pnenumatic system does, but where does it get it's values from? What other config file? And nose wheel steering, what does that do?And finally, the things that are declared in the 743 amp file, how do they tie into the pnl file? Is the amp file a way to attach specific subsystems to the electrical system? Am I missing something?Clear skies all!!

Guest Eagle

I don't know if this is of any help to you, but there is a file (designnotes.zip) in the development library of Fly. You may want to download it.I too have been wanting to learn the electrical system and hope there are some developers/designers out there who can help.