Sign in to follow this  

Help with Terrascene 2.1

I have just attempted to render 100 miles around dtw. I have about 12 gigabytes of free space. What files in the Terracene and Fly 2 directories can I remove after the rendering is complete. It has been running since about 09:00 hours this morning. tmendell@comcast.net

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Titus:Once Terrascene finishes, and if you chose to create a Pod in the render section, it should create a folder in your scenery with your project's name (and the tile number if you selected 1 POD per tile).Make sure that there is a .POD and a .SCF file in this(these) folder(s). If so, you can go to your data folder and delete all the d?????? that belong to the scenery you just created. If leave these folders, Fly! II will perform very poorly around the new scenery because it's reading the files in the .POD file AND those in the data folders as opposed to just those on the .POD. Then, depending on your searchPodFilesFirst parameter setting, it's using one or the other source.Additionally, if don't plan to make any changes to the output .tga, you may want to go back to the Terrasceneoutput folder and delete all the .tga files generated to create your scenery.Good luck!Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

I just ran the set-up on that in Terrascene 2, and with "snap to globe tile boundary" checked it comes out to 10-1/2 full globe-tiles. That's quite a sizable chunk. If you selected day, night-time and water textures the POD files in your Fly!2 Scenery directory alone will be over 8 GB - I think I did a full globe tile once in 7.5 m/pixel res and it was about 800 MB.Each globe tile will also generate 3 - 200MB TGA files in your TerrasceneOutput directory and tons of segments. You will have to delete these immediately after Fly!2 slices them or you'll quickly run out of disk space.Also, Terrascene will download hundreds of dem and land-use files from the internet that will be in the Terrascene2Data-files directory.Let us know how it turns out.

I ran out of space and had to abandon the whole thing. I wanted to do the whole state in as few steps as possible, I think I'll stick to 25 mile radius. I have one problem, despite abandoning the project, parts of the border area between Windsor and Canada are white. No scenery.Tius Mendelltmendell@comcast.net