Sign in to follow this  

AutoCAD?

Is AutoCAD a good program to design fly! II Aircraft? Because I have a computer that is about to get this program where I work. I was also wondering what other programs there are. I thank you for your help.Charles Ferguson

Guest WilliamD

You really need 3D Studio Max, Version 3 or 4. Those were the two versions that Terminal Reality supported with plug-ins. You could probably do some of the preliminary drawing in Autocad and import it into Max to animate the parts and optimize the model for export to Fly!2.A lot of people used Truespace to make aircraft for Fly!, and version 1 could be downloaded on the web for free. I'm not sure if it works for Fly!2.

Guest Chris Wallace

>A lot of people used Truespace to make aircraft for Fly!, >and version 1 could be downloaded on the web for free. I'm >not sure if it works for Fly!2. The free version of TrueSpace cannot create aircraft for Fly! II since it does not support animation; it can be used as far as I know for static objects. TrueSpace 3 or higher can theoretically be used to design aircraft. I had been working on a plug-in to export Fly!'s S3D format from TrueSpace 3 but it was uncompleted due to problems with conversions between the way that parts are grouped and oriented in TrueSpace, and in Fly! II.Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada