Sign in to follow this  

Gestalt Flags, and Animated Models

Does anyone know what the gestalt flags are?I know in 2000 rich posted them here in the AVSIM forums... but for the life of me, after countless searches of both the old and new forums, I can not find them.What im trying to do is animate a night-time model. Basically I want to create a flashing obstruction light. I also want to create a replacement beacon head, which is visible from far out.I've tried every manipulation I can think of, trying to get it to work. I know one of the gestalt flags in 2k involved something to the effect of 'item needs a timeslice' which i believe had to do with .arm animations. Anyone know anything about creating an animated model?Thanks,Brad

Guest Hagar

I found some info I used a year ago...The gestalt flags controls model properties, like z-buffering, snap to ground, distance hiding and sparse/normal/complex appearance. I don`t know what each number do. A gestalt number of 2162949 snaps the model to ground and adds the "no z-buffer" flag. Not being able to control sparse/normal/complex from the Fly Editor, I just copied the gestalt flag number from a Terramodels placed model to the one I placed with the Editor, and I worked just fine. I would also like to have more info on what each number in the gestalt flag does...I don`t have a clue about animated models :)