Sign in to follow this  

E6-B for Fly!II?

I was looking though the Python Adventure Scripting Language PDF the other day and noticed a lot of pre-defined conversions, etc. These appear to be the beginnings of an E6-B for Fly!II. I then started wondering if anyone had thought of this before or not. I keep thinking of this as an add-on to the Flight Planner, but am not sure how to start this. I have been reviewing the Python.org online documents and manuals, but this doesn't tell me everything. I don't know how to build a window, let alone how to use the UI graphics Fly!II has built into the UI.POD file. At the same time, I was also wondering how I would be able to add the E6-B to the Flight Planning drop down menu, and the list of defined Keys, etc.I would also like to make a replacement Flight Planner. I'd like to make one that takes into account the various Winds Aloft, Weight & Balance info, and more accurate Performance data (time to climb, fuel burn, etc).They Flight Planner is more ambitious than practical for me at this point. And I don't really know if I'd actually want to use Python, or Visual C++ (I'm leaning more towards C++ for a full blown Flight Planner, but Python for a small E6-B applett). Has anyone thought about this? Are the current functions in Fly!II "good enough"? Please let me know your thoughts.T.C.

Guest dajackman

Someone started a thread like this in the general area, can't remember if that was you or not. Anyway I like to use a real E6-B. I am a student pilot and its great practice using it with Fly.Also if you have a PDA, I have seen many for palm and for Win-CE. You may want to check those out.

Guest andrewluck

TCI did some work with Fly!'s Python some time ago, trying to get the supplied scripts to work. I had some success with the window elements and I can mail you what I have. I didn't get any further because all three scripts used a fuel shutoff valve on the Cessna which I couldn't get working.As you've probably noticed, the section of documentation that refers to how Python interacts with individual aircraft systems is completely missing.ROTW were working on a flight planner. http://fly.simvol.org. You can find it under Fichiers Fly!II -> Utilitaires -> Volnav.Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Hi,Thank you for the link, had never seen it... I was looking for a similare tool, and I'll give it a try.I would really like a flight planner for Fly!2 that take in account the installed sceneries in order to choose good departure and destination airports.