Sign in to follow this  
Guest roland_lfor

SDK and AI aircraft driving

Good evening All,A few questions for the SDK experts : - How can I pilot gear up/down of an AI aircraft created by APICreateFlyObject( ) ?- How to turn the strobe/nav lights ON on these AI ?Could someone explain me the differences between the 2 functions :APISetObjectBodyVelocity( ) and APISetObjectInertialVelocity( )All this is for squawkbox enhancement of course :-)Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,I had the same problem with AI-traffic some time ago : I choosed to use the API show and hide some part of the 3d model ...Let say you want to remove the front gear : you need to use some sort (I don't remember the function name) APIHidePart(the gear name shown in the 3d model file).For strobes I hadn't any response now ... nor for body velocity. But I think both those velocity are physics data from real aviation engeenering. I read some books about aviation energy budget etc ... but never fall in them.the best you can do is to display both of them in a window and looks at their behaviour in a few different flight conditions.GreetingsLaurent

Thanks Laurent,I finally found out about the Velocity funcs :The BodyVelocity is plane referenced vector speed, but the Inertial functions are for ground referenced (north) vector.So with a simple 3D matrix rotation, I managed the correct ground & vertical speed , whatever the planes bank,pitch, heading are.I believe the solution must exist for an elegant gear up/down and lighting because Fly! is able to do that even with any new aircraft we add inside, when it use them as internal AI.Just have a look : it turns the taxi light on runway, then you can see the full gear up animation after take off with the Fly! AI.Aaaaarrrrg....