Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

Slow accelleration

Does anyone know why the B200 ngn, eng,and prp files, when transferred to the new aircraft model,the embraer 120, don't let the plane accellerate properly. The new plane crawls to takeoff speed. I am curious to know what variables other than those found in these three files, may be responsible for this behavior. The aircraft weight,in this case, is not a factor. Is there some 3d model connection?, such as the numbering order of the props? One would think that a simple transfer of the files would take care of the powerplant requirements. I changed hp and rpm , but the plane still does not accellerate properly. Also, at full throttle, the plane seems to not want to go past 200 kts. I am trying to understand whether drag, and from what parts, might be responsible. I am simply guessing that there's one variable that I am missing....thanks.tony

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Tony,You say that weight is not a factor but do you have a GAS, VLD, WNG, and SVH files or are you using the ones from the B200? The SVH file has an empty mass entry, the GAS has the weight of fuel, VLD the weight of passengers and cargo, and WNG the lift and AOA coefficients.Just checking...http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

Alex,I think it has to do with the ngn and eng files. I'll keep on checking, though. tony