Sign in to follow this  
Harald_Kraft

Problems with Flylegacy

Hi allI would like to contribute to Flylegacy but I still get the assertion error and than Flylegacy crashes during initialisation.I added a screenshot an the debug-log.I use Visual Studio 2005 Standard edition and have downloaded the Flylegacy version from 28.12.2005.Maybe someone could update the projectfiles. Joystick.cpp is not included and will therfor not be compiled.Maybe have a problem with WIN-threads ?Which Version of pthread to use ? The project requestet pthreadVC2.dll. I did ot find anything about this file in the flylegacy documentation, so I downloadad a compiled version.any help or ideas welcomeHappy new yearHarald

Hi allI found the post about pthread and checked the recommended version. In the meantime I try to find with the debugger where my problems are. Harald

Hi allnew Status:Assertion error. Cause: blank lines in FlyLegacy.Ini. I removed them temporary.Crash: function "Padddiskfolder" in Pod.cpp crashes if in the directory "saved simulations" a file without extension is found. So I removed the subdirectory CVS which contains a file named "Entries". I should have removed it after CVS-checkout anyway.Now I see the Splashscreen for 2 seconds befor CTD.Harald

Hi developersnew Status: I changed some code in ini.cpp, fuitheme.cpp and fuimanager.cpp to handle empty lines befor calling "TrimTrailingWhitespace".Now I can can read all the .ini and .sch-files without error.But Flylegacy ends after the second Splashscreen (Helicopter) with GTFO because of invalid entries in vancouver.sit. But no CTD anymore :-) Harald

hi developerschanging "vancouver.sit" into "saved simulationsvancouver.sit" in the flylegacy.ini-file did the trick. Now flylegacy starts and I see the skyhawk panel, but its incredibly slow and eats up nearly 2GB of memory befor my PC runs out of virtual memory. I add some logs, maybe chris or laurentc can help.Harald