Sign in to follow this  

Yes! We have VFR conditions!

A big thank you to Andre Meystre for his guidance in scenery generation. Using uncompressed tiles with the San Francisco palette, the results obtained with synthetic TS2/FS textures are very acceptable. The screen shot shows the L0 megatile ASAP replaced in Andre's London package.Rickhttp://cc.ysu.edu/~rick/flt3006.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Excellent news Rick!Am I seeing the top left hand of the pic right? Are you getting 45.5 f/s? What are you, hot wired into to a nuclear power plant or something?:-eek How are you able to get the textures from fs, that the bgl's? Does that mean I could do that for my ts2 grand canyon project? When I try to generate it, ts2 aborts with,"can't find swamp file". Why would it need that for the grand canyon? Jim B.

Jim,The textures can be found in the Scenedbworldtexture folder within FS2002. Since the textures are extended bitmap format you'll need BMP2000, or something like it, to view/extract them. This tool is available at http://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/index.htm.While we're on the subject of FS2002 textures, I'm not sure what the licensing implications are where the distribution of future FU3 regions is concerned. Does anyone care to comment? As far as using them with TS2, you must manually match (and rename) to your liking using the convention and picture format found in the terrascene textures folder. It is a very tedious process to say the least. I believe if you do a scan for terrascene in the terrabuilder forum that may be a good starting place for some additional background info.Rick