Sign in to follow this  
Guest juvat2

NFS Challenge- SF 19 mid marker

I finally made it to SF, was doing figure 8's over where the runways intersect trying to get the challenge to accept I had made it. Well, all I got was "boom". SO, where is the mid marker for runway 19 in SF?Thanks, Jim B.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Jim,the middle marker is part of the ILS system. If I recall everything right it is at the point where you should be at decision height (200ft AGL) when flying down the ILS of that runway.In FU3, you'll hear those markers when you are shortly before the runway: You'll hear a "beeping" and the blue light at the radio selector flashes. And you can/could find those middle markers using FLED and having a look at the airport, they are part of the beacon menu (that's how I learned that the RWY 19L middle marker at SFO has a "range" of 150m).In the case of the NFS challenge, the marker is about 100 meters before the runway treshhold in the water - directly on runway heading. If you have a close look at the scenery, right before the runway there is a brighter regular line in the water (I assume that is the approach lighting in the sat-image LG used) - that middle marker is approximately directly on that line about half way down.Good luck!Blue Skies, Steffen

Thanks Steffen,I get back from work I'll give it another go. All that "nap-o-the-earth" flying to get to CC, hope I'll have enough time at SF to "line-up" proper before ole "jack" calls-in again. :)Jim B.