Sign in to follow this  
Hans_Petter

Northwest of Coupeville (N)OLF...

... FS2002 has a Coupeville airpark. A few miles further north there's some major airport with crossed runways. Could this be Vancouver?This is just a hint to our outer terrain developers :-)Hans Petter

Guest juvat2

Hi Hans,I'll check it out. Going by this road atlas scale, Vancouver is about 80ish miles from Coupeville. The tile you saw on an island? Thats how Vancouver It'l is drawn in this atlas. Set aside this glider package for a sec' and look thru my scratchy notes and printed textures for the grand canyon stuff.Jim B.

Guest juvat2

Hi Hans,I zoared around up there. Its out of the Fu3's outer terrain and as such the shoreline and general terrain is all wrong. I tried to create a package a long while ago for my area of Virginia once and it seemed like Fu3 couldn't place the houses and the textures. I would zoar to it and still would have the weird repeating out-outer terrain textures and the terrain I specified in the rules wasn't there. I did this despite reading in the old forum that it couldn't be done. I think the white-papers mentioned something of this as well, or maybe was the Outer terrain tool doc. I had to try you know.I'll give Vancouver a shot anyway, but I'm fairly certain it won't "keep", or perhaps I did something wrong in my Virginia project. I've been searching the web for its airport diagram with no luck. Went to the web sight of the airport and couldn't get the taxi and runway lay-out.An angle I'll try is maybe see if theres a fs2002 Vancouver scenery for download and get the idea for the runway layout there.Be nice to figure a way to "extend" the geotiles.tag to render that area up there. Maybe one of the wise-ones here could look into the feasibility of it.Take care, JimB

Coupeville Air Park is a private grass strip just across the road from the OLF. The airport you mention is probably NAS Whidbey Island. About 330 degrees and 10 miles from the OLF.jb

Correct! Vancouver is farther northwest. I just wanted to remind us all that there's an "outer terrain" extending in that direction and it might be an idea to get some more airports in this unexplored area.best regards,Hans Petter