Sign in to follow this  
Guest Quaxo

UK update

Guest Quaxo

Hello Ansgar,The "distortion" doesn't appear in PSP. In PSP I generate the 4096x4096 targa file, and it comes out without any loss. (I save it as 8 bit, uncompressed targa). But THEN, if I try to convert it to bin with GenQuadrant, the resulting bin's are useless (they seem to be a "shuffled" image, if you want I can arrange a screenshot for you). The only way I've found to make good bin's, is to convert the tga to jtg, THEN the jtg to bin's. And THERE is where the loss occurs.I don't like this either... And I don't understand why this happens. Andr

Guest Quaxo

UPDATE: You don't need to switch from London to Seattle then back. You can just click again on London. So the sim reloads the config.I've done some other tests for the quick-flight. I don't have "good" results, but have found some coordinates that work... but only around the Isle of Wight. Here they are:reg_imap_col1 150 0.006 0reg_imap_col2 0.0 -155.5 0reg_imap_col3 2600.0, 420500.0 1Bye,Cristian

Guest Quaxo

I have solved the problem. I downloaded GenQuadrant 2.1 again, but it still didn't work.Then I downloaded GenQuadrant 2.0, now it works well. It seems that something went wrong when changing from 2.0 to 2.1!!!Anyway, now I can enjoy even sharper textures ;-) !!!Cristian

Guest Ansgar

Hi Christian,perfect! Indeed I have the same effect here, and I only used GenQuadrant 2.1 to convert back the original FU3 megatiles. I need this to positioning my megatile cuts exactly.But I converted my tiles to bin with the earlier version GenQuadrant 2.0. I just tired it again and it seems that Genquadrant 2.1 saves the source xxxx.tga file direct without any changes as L0.bin file?!If you test it you can open the L0.bin file direct with paintshop and can see the same as if you open the source file you started the conversion from.May be Andre has made there a small bug?Definitely the conversion back (from any L0.bin to L0.tga) is only working with GenQuadrant 2.1In conclusion it seems we need an new GenQuadrant 2.2 to work in both directions without problems. ;-)Best regards :)Ansgar A.