Sign in to follow this  
Guest Navigator

London...again, Andr

Guest Ansgar

Hi Navigator,Congratulation! Everything looks fine for me. The "everything is green" syndrom is not a mistake, it

It looks like you are still using the level 1 images. you can download the level 0 images now and get much better quality images(although the Thames is still green)

Guest Quaxo

Ben, maybe he has downloaded the level 0 maps, but just hasn't changed the reg_cd_levels entry to -1 in the region.cfg file.Navigator, check that entry... the value must be -1 to use the higher level maps.Cristian

Guest Navigator

Ansgar, Ben and Cristian, thank you all of you for your replies. I have checked the multimap.com and i agree with Ansgar that the satellite pictures of London incl the river are green! That some source pictures are more bad than others can clearly bee seen on my first screenshot below: compare the lower left and the lower right of the picture. My second screenshot is from 10,000 ft over Elstree and shows an excellent resolution.I am using the level 0 maps but I did not know I had to change from 0 to -1 in the region.cfg file. I have done that now but the difference if any seems to be small. Just for fun I changed the modelmip.tag file to the one from SeattleGen. The most dramatic change was that the tower at London City airport became decorated in green; see my last picture.Roland

Guest Navigator

Thanks, Ansgar, what you say explains some strange slow loadings of the scenery, that I have observed when flying far out.Roland

Guest Ansgar

Hi Roland,as I said above the slow loading is based on the missing levels 5..7. They are very big in scenery size but have an very low resolution in pixels (just for the "far away horizont"). Because they are created from several megatiles (i.e. level 5 is made from 4 megatiles in one square area, level 6 from 16 megatiles in square etc.) we only can create them if we have an very great no. of ready megatiles direct behind each other.So the more are helping creating megatiles the earlier we can solve this loading problem by creating the "low res" levels 5..7.Best regards :-)Ansgar A.