Sign in to follow this  
Guest juvat2

My Resviewer on the blink.

Guest juvat2

Hi Folks,I started resviewer 1.32, loaded an aircraft, went to 3d models and all I get is this image. I doubt its resviewer 'cause I redownloaded it and the upgrade and it does the same thing. So figure it must be a video driver glitch? I use a homebuilt pc. 750 amd, v5500 pci, dx8a, win98se. I hadn't used Resviewer in a long while, so am not able to "backtrace" any changes (like uninstalls, deletes) to my pc. Hoping you guys already know a fix. This is happening on any aircraft I open in the plnpile and go to its 3d model.The next shot is of Robert_D's Tucson Control Tower. Marvelous when compared to a photo of the real thing!

Your first shot is Robert's control tower and the second one is a texture that ResViewer can't resolve. I believe that it's correct but it's all hex code. I've seen this happen with some aircraft.res but not all. Some *.res names will do this and you may fix it by avoiding hyphens, spaces and the like. However, if even your default windhawk.res looks like this there must be something else going on.In any event, if a "cool_aircraft Juvat.res" doesn't work, try renaming it to "plain.res" and try again :-)Hans Petter

Hi All,This might be too obvious, but: The ResViewer has options in the View-menu, where you can set it to show files either hex or file type. Have you tried this setting?Jokke