Sign in to follow this  
Guest twsimfan

Moses Lake... Like it or not!

Guest twsimfan

Hi Guys,I'm in Rhonda's cousin Dana's restuarant in Moses Lake... I had expected to be in Idaho by now. We is broke down! If we are here much longer it will be time to start changing model reservations. Got to go... they need this computer...

Guest Robert_S

Broke down? Oh, FUN. x(I lost a fuel pump 30 miles east of 29 Palms once, pure empty desert. Cute how the desert seems to enjoy eating automotive components. :-newburn[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]

Guest twsimfan

Guys,We were broke down for 5 hour. That was supposed to be a easy day... we ended up getting into Missoula at 10 PM. We are now staying in Rexburg... but visting Rhonda's Aunt Doris in Idaho Falls at the moment. Got to get my Internet access where I can.Oh well... Rhonda had a nice if unexpected visit with her Moses Lake relatives. Kind of embarrassing... it was obvious that we hadn't planned to stop but for the breakdown. :-shyAllan,The Blazer is indeed a Chevy... ended up being 2 fouled plugs (2 of 6)... they had no idea why they were fouled (not oil fouled). The kicker is that we had it worked over before we left in anticipation of the trip... including new plugs!I'll be home in a couple of days... the Blazer willing and the creek don't rise! ;-) (I miss my truck)

Guest Allan_D

Hi Tom,If your Blazer fouled a couple of plugs it should have tripped the code, (Service engine light comes on ) it stores the code to tell you why that happened. Should be very easy to find out what happened, I know what you mean about missing your PKUP, We have a Blazer same year as your's, I would rather drive my Truck then Carol's Blazer, I'm sure it has something to do with the extra 80 HP and the 4:10 gear in my Pkup. The lowest I could order in the Blazer was 3:73, I just enjoy something with lots of umph if I need it :-lolhttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d702d2e23154859.jpgHave Fun :-jumpyhttp://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gifAllan and Co-Pilot Puppy looking scared :-lolhttp://bfu.avsim.Net/sigpics/AllanD.jpg

Guest twsimfan

Allan,"If your Blazer fouled a couple of plugs it should have tripped the code, (Service engine light comes on ) it stores the code to tell you why that happened."I took it to a Chevy dealer in Moses Lake... probably "THE" Chevy dealer in Moses Lake. The first thing they did was to hookup their "scanner" to it. All they seemed to learn from it was that 2 cyl weren't firing. Their expert opinion: "It is sure running rough!" I had a pretty good hunch on that one already. It turned out to be the 2 back ones... of course the hardest to fix. One plug wire was worn as well. They wanted to change out the whole plug harness... which they couldn't have got in until late the following afternoon... and would have cost us another $163.00 plus labor. In the end they got a good one out of a used plug harness that they had changed out for another customer the previous week... no cost (except for that labor... and the 2 plugs). They reset the "Service Engine SOON light. It stayed out until we stopped for gas at the WA/ID border... came back on and has been on since. It is running fine... but that blasted light! We will have to get it checked out next week... everybody will be closed until Tuesday.Your truck is the newer body style... mine is a '97 (Blazer is a '98)... mine has a GMC instead of a crooked bow-tie... and has the long cab/short bed to your short cab/long bed... but it has the same Z71 suspension and the same color on the lower portion.

Guest Allan_D

Tom,Disconect your battery cable from your blazer, Use the negative side of the Battery for safty, Leave it off for 1 minute, Rehook it and drive it to see if it retrips the light, If it does it will store a new code, If you need to know how to read that code send me a mail, at cldawson@dmci.net Have Fun :-jumpyhttp://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gifAllan

Guest twsimfan

Allan,It has taken me a while to get around to it... kind of busy since we have been back. Plus I have been getting reaquainted with my truck! It worked... the light is out. If it comes back on I'll be sure and ask you about how to read those codes. Thanks! :)

Guest Allan_D

Tom,Your welcome, Sometimes that service engine light can trip on from something very simple.Like leaving your gas cap loose, That'll trip the light :-lolI always unhook the cable if the light trips for any reason, I check the Gas cap for tightness frist thing Rehook my cable and drive it, If it's something fairly serious it'll retrip the light on right away.I so then send me a mail, Have a Fun Day :-walksmilehttp://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gifAllan

Guest twsimfan

Allan,"Sometimes that service engine light can trip on from something very simple. Like leaving your gas cap loose"I learned that one early on. When we got back from our trip last year I put my pickup on the street so we could get the Blazer into the garage until we had it all unpacked... the next morning I had a flashing light... some kid must have messed with it in the night... cap was off but still inside the fuel door... it had a 100 miles since the last gas was put in so it didn't get that way by itself!"Rehook my cable and drive it, If it's something fairly serious it'll retrip the light on right away. I so then send me a mail"It is still off and Rhonda was running all over after work this afternoon so it is OK for now. If we have more problems you will here from me, thanks.